Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Self-Assessment

Blogs are something I have heard about for quite some time, yet I never imagined I would ever be writing not one. Since my first post to the most recent, I believe that they meet the rubric criteria overall, nevertheless there's still room for much improvement. Finding a foundation to write upon isn't too hard for me with the help of research, however I feel that I can still improve my writer's voice to encompass what it means to blog and stray a bit away from the traditional expectations of academia. This is perhaps my greatest worry when writing my posts. I face some internal stress over writing in the correct manner and balancing the way I'm inclined to write with a more appropriate approach to my audience. While my posts aren't necessarily bad, I feel that I haven't truly grasped the writer's voice of a blogger.

Writing is something that comes naturally to me, at least the ideas and what I wish to share, but organizing in a cohesive manner still takes some time. That is why I do put effort into my work -as I do with all my assignments- and always look to improve. Taking that into mind, I am also not the biggest fan of writing so I admit that I could in fact do better and put a greater effort in my writing. Procrastination plays a huge factor in that and has become something I regularly do with almost all my assignments, but I will say that I make sure to turn them in on time, even if right before the deadline. Unfortunately, that also means that I don't spend too much time reviewing and revising my blog posts. In terms of grammar mechanics, and readability I believe they have all been well as it's something I do make sure to fix before submitting, but I believe that something could always be improved or be done better.

Blogs are open to the public and I can see where one can become weary of having our writing exposed to everyone, but I personally don't feel too concerned about the posts we've done so far. Most of them have been informational and they haven't been too opinionated, so I feel okay, and I also don't have major concerns over my writing overall. A helpful discussion in class would be over how to incorporate your voice through writing as best as possible to stem away a bit from the formality of traditional essays and other typical classroom writings. 

I've learned a lot from blogs since the first post and it turns out that I have underestimated how useful blogs can be as well as engaging. There's so much embedded in blogs to make it well-written, credible, and attractive to its readers. A new perspective of blogs has been opened to me and while I'm still new and still learning, they have become very intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you have shown improvements since you're first post. They have not been perfect but they have to consistently get better one after another. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Intro to Research Paper

Nature has played an important part throughout the course of history, be it in its vast use of resources to the inspiration of arts through ...